Cohort 4 Report Card Launch
We recently launched the Fogarty EDvance Cohort 4 Report Card.
We were looking forward to welcoming our Cohort 4 schools and guests to the Official Report Card Launch, as we are excited to share the successes of these schools. However, given the current climate and this unprecedented time, the Report Card was launched electronically on 8th April to celebrate the success of the 14 Cohort 4 schools, who have recently completed the three year School Improvement Program, and now join the FED Alumni network.
Fogarty EDvance’s vision is to improve educational outcomes for students in challenging contexts at a state wide level by 2021
The Fogarty Foundation initiated Fogarty EDvance to significantly improve and sustain academic outcomes of students in disadvantaged communities in Western Australia. To date, EDvance is working with 96 schools in 7 cohorts, impacting over 300 school leaders, and 42,000+ students across Western Australia.
Each school starts the EDvance program at a different stage of student performance – our aspiration is to see all Fogarty EDvance schools reach or exceed the state average for their students. When students from lower socio-economic backgrounds perform strongly, we demonstrate to our community that it is possible to achieve excellent teaching and learning for every student in the state, regardless of their postcode.
This Report Card shares the impact of the 14 Cohort 4 Fogarty EDvance schools. Included in the document are stories of success that capture how the Fogarty EDvance School Improvement Program continues to build the capacity of school leaders to transform educational outcomes for their students.
- To date, EDvance is working with 96 schools over 7 cohorts, involving over 300 school leaders and impacting 42,000+ students across WA.
- Cohort 7 launched this year, so we now have 24 regional schools in the network – from the Pilbara to Southwest of WA.
- The schools in Cohort 4 have all shown improvements in social or academic outcomes with more than 60% of schools attaining significant improvements in academic results for their students.
- The Report Card also includes updates on the progress from some schools in Cohorts 3 and how they have sustained or furthered their results beyond their 3-year journey in the program. Early impact results for Cohort 5 provide a snapshot of what some of these schools have already achieved.
- Fogarty EDvance and the Foundation are trialling innovative approaches to support high impact teaching practices in schools. Initial results are impressive.
Reaching systemic impact: We see a pathway to redefining educational equity in WA. Our bold goal is working with 100+ schools in WA to significantly improve outcomes for 25% of students from low SES backgrounds in the state. The benefit from improving student outcomes is real – the cost of leaving school early is estimated conservatively at $335,000 per student over a lifetime as well as considerably reduced life opportunities.
Watch our launch video
Please take a few minutes to few minutes to hear from members of our team, and also from Dr Dean Goldspink, Principal of Ellen Stirling Primary School, on the impact of the Fogarty EDvance program on his leadership, and on student outcomes at Ellen Stirling Primary School.