Summer Reading list:
So, which ones haven’t you read?? Check out our summer reading list and enjoy over a pina colada in your down-time over the summer break. Click on the hyperlinks below to go straight to the articles.
High Impact Instruction (including explicit instruction):
- Putting Students on the Path to Learning: The Case for Fully Guided Instruction, American Educator, Authors: Clark, R., Kirschner, P., Sweller, J., (Spring 2012),
- The Science of Learning. Austin, TX: Deans for Impact (2015).
- Great Teaching, Inspired Learning What does the evidence tell us about effective teaching? Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation. Sydney: NSW Department of Education and Communities (2012).
- How to improve student learning in every classroom now. International Journal of Educational Research, Authors: Twyman, J. & Heward, L. (May 2016),
- What works best: Evidence-based practices to help improve NSW student performance. Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation. NSW Department of Education and Communities (2015).
- Principles of Instruction: Research-Based Strategies That All Teachers Should Know. The Education Digest, 78(3), 30-40 Author: Rosenshine, B. (2012).
- High performing primary schools: What do they have in common? Department of Education Western Australia. Louden, W. (2015).
- Effective Reading Instruction in the Early Years. Sydney: Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation. NSW Department of Education and Communities (2017).
- How to improve student educational outcomes: New insights from data analytics, McKinsey Report 2017
- Drivers of Student Performance: Latin America Insights, McKinsey Report 2017
- Online ‘mindset’ interventions help students do better in school, Stanford research shows, Stanford News 2015